TheRecipe has collected four quinoa recipes that will provide quick and delicious ways to help keep you in-line with your New Year's resolutions to eat healthier. Add in these recipes with your weekly meal prep, or simply use them as an entree!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 jar of roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 4 carrots, diced
- Olive oil
For the dressing
- 1/4 of olive oil
- 1 tbs of honey
- 1/2 cup of white or golden balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a sheet pan, spread out the chickpeas and cover with olive oil and salt to taste.
- Toast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a pot, add in water and quinoa, bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook until all water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, combine oil, carrots, garlic, and diced roasted red bell peppers.
- Cook until carrots are tender over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, make dressing by whisking together balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, pepper, turmeric. Set aside.
- Add in the raisins to the pan and warm through.
- Remove pan from heat and add in cooked quinoa.
- Whisk dressing and pour over mixture.
- Add in roasted chickpeas.
Shrimp Quinoa Spring Rolls
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 7 rice paper wrappers
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- Salt to taste
Spicy Peanut sauce
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Add shrimp to pan and lightly salt.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Slice shrimp length-wise and allow to cool.
- Using one rice paper a time, wet rice paper for 10 seconds and add lettuce, 2 tbs of quinoa, 3 slices of cucumber, carrot sticks, and 3 shrimp halves.
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrap tightly over the filling, folding the sides, rolling the bottom to the top until rolled. Do not over stuff.
- Dip in Spicy Peanut Sauce and enjoy!
Cheesy Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Muffins
- 1/3 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of red hot hot sauce
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, place water and quinoa, bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to heat to low and cook until all water has been absorbed by the quinoa.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes, then fluff with fork.
- In a skillet, add in oil, onions, garlic, and red pepper.
- Saute over medium heat until softened.
- Remove from heat and place in a large mixing bowl and allow to slightly cool.
- Add in all other ingredients to bowl and mix completely.
- In a muffin tin, spray each muffin hole with non-stick spray and divide the mixture evenly.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Add additional cheese on top, if desired, and enchilada sauce.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cashew Chicken Quinoa Bake
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 oz chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cashews
- Green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place uncooked quinoa on the bottom of the casserole dish and layer with diced onion and red pepper on top.
- Place sliced chicken on top of veggies.
- Mix together hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, fresh ginger, and water.
- Evenly pour sauce over chicken breast.
- Bake at 375º for 45 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from oven and add cashews.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion
Have you tried any of these recipes? Do you have any go-to quinoa recipes that you love? Be sure to let us know!